Softwares

Softwares
All the Softwares

Friday, February 26, 2010

GMX Mail

Hello everyone... I'm back with a different kind of a review. Its about an email service i started using lately. Its called the GMX mail. Sounds new to you? well yeah most of them ask my email id the second time just to clarify what i was saying. GMAIL or GMX. The usual convo goes like....
Wats ur email id ....
its ... blablabla@gmx.com
say wat..?
blablabla@gmx.com
gmx?....
yeah gmX!..
Ok ANYWHOOOOOO!! COMING BACK TO THE TOPIC.
Whats so special about gmx. Well nothing much. But if you are looking for a good email id. This is it. Grab it before someone else does.:).
I got just what i wanted. Which is <my name>@gmx.com. That is pretty good isn't it!. Since there aren't a lot of users in it. I got what i wanted. Check out and see if u get the one you want.
Besides that. The features. You get 5gb of storage which i feel is good enough for me. I don't think i need a lot of space for my messages. 5gb is more than enough for me since i am going to use this as an official mail (which means i will not use it to register it anywhere to get those bugging news letters which you might find interesting at sometimes but mostly you tend to delete it) to receive mails from friends and colleagues for which i have to reply soon.
GMX also has a FILE STORAGE facility (recently introduced) in which u can store files upto 2 gb, which of course is a small thing but for those word documents and pictures and music files which u want to access from anywhere it is good enough i suppose.
Besides that. Tabbed browsing of mails as soon as u enter into your mail account. A good address book. Its easy to work with too. The interface is pretty clean. Nothing unwanted. That is what i liked the most about it. The interface is very clean and simple. You must love it if u are a normal person.
So my verdict. If u are in need of a good email address for official use, with a clean interface, this is the one for you. Try it out.!


4 comments:

  1. Hi, do you know you can't send more than 10 messages per hour and that you can't create more than 100 folders and subfolders?
    That's why I recently decided to leave GMX-
    Bye

    Antonio

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a clean site but I'm not sure I'd use it as a business site because whenever I get emails with links to mutual fund sites, the links are not highlighted and you either have to copy and paste - not easy on their site - or retype the entire web address which is way too time consuming. Also, there is no easy-to-access support site - it's very hard to find and when I have found it, I have NEVER been able to get hooked up with it. They do have a forum site but even though I'm already logged on, I'm told I need to log on to use the site - and then there's no new logon link site. In short, though I like the lack of clutter, it's been a frustrating site to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GMX does not offer any customer support. I have reported a problem and have been waiting for years for the reply.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had GMX for a year, and use it as a 'Spam-Dump' any time I need an e-mail BOX for either joining a site, or sending my 'address' our to a questionable connection(not address - I generate a disposable address for that), I've got my GMX running. For THAT, I love it.

    Yes, everything EVERY ONE's said - both pro & con's true. But, for an email address (with GOOD virus protection), to use as a 2nd or 3rd email address, then GMX is #1.

    ReplyDelete